Monday, September 20, 2010

THE CRUISE!! (day 1 & 2)

We had a vacation of a life time this summer. My parents treated all of my siblings and I, along with spouses, to a cruise. We went to the Eastern Caribbean. It was so amazing. I loved having that week with my siblings. All were able to come expect Sandi. We sure missed her. Her husband is in the Air Force and he was sent over seas and they were getting him ready and saying good bye. It was so fun being around everyone, and a cruise is perfect because their was plenty of time that we were able to all be together and plenty of space and privacy if needed. Also, grandchildren were not there. I enjoyed hanging out with my siblings without them having to worry about their children. Don't get me wrong, I love their children, but it was fun to be with just the siblings.
The whole thing started in Ft Lauderdale. We arrived on Saturday and boarded the boat on Sunday. We spent the day exploring, unpacking and eating. In other words it started off great. Here are a bunch of pictures from that day.

Walking across the bridge to enter the boat for the first time.
Kammi is excited!
Leaving Ft. Lauderdale
Muster Station. Jennie, Bryan, Kristin, Mike, Debbie, Matt
Matt
Our first dinner together. Kelsie, Jennie, Bryan, Mark, Karen, Larry, Dorothy, Matt, Debbie, Pam. We were too big of a group to all fit at one table, so this is only half of us.
Here are several of the boat.








DAY TWO - Princess Cays, Bahamas
The second day we went to Princess Cays, which is a private island owned by Princess cruise lines. It was pretty much a day at the beach. There were plenty of lounge chairs and food provided, and we just laid out, played in the water, read, and took pictures. I enjoyed it all, Matt of course could do with out the laying out, as he is prone to burning. Who would have guessed with the red hair.

In a boat that took us from the cruise ship to the island.
Brooke, Kammi, Donna, Pam, Kristin, Mike, Sharon, Debbie, Kelsie

This picture is fun because you can see Kammi, Brooke and Donna in it. I don't think Matt even realized that when he took the picture.

Our group, My parents, Larry and Dorothy, Karen, Mark, Pam, Kammi, Jeff, Donna, Sharon, Spencer, Mike, Kristin, Matt, Debbie, Bryan, and Jennie
Dinner that night. Kristin, Mike, Matt and Debbie
Mark eating who knows what.
That night we went dancing. They had a line dance night going on and I convinced a few of my sisters that they wanted to go. We went and it was actually really fun. One on the many highlights of the week.

Here is Sharon enjoying the music. I think she actually had Spencer dance with Kammi on one of the slow songs because we all kept dancing as couples and Kammi would sit all by herself. It was just cute to she Sharon enjoying herself.

Near the end of the line dance time, they played a game where everyone got in a circle and they elimated people by talent. Well, Sharon and Kristin got down to I think the final six or four. Then it came down to Kristin and one other. Then Kristin won!! Well the staff had her cheat to win, but she took that.
This was her prize. Alcohol, just what she wanted!
They were able to trade it in for this, much better!!
Thanks for a good night sisters and brothers in law. I love my country line dancing.


3 comments:

It's a Boy!!! said...

That vacation sounds AWESOME!!!!

Angela said...

So, So, So, much fun. Maybe someday all of my siblings will be old enough to do something cool. Oh wait, Ashley just started 7th grade. We have awhile. Such a fun time to spend with family. And get tan . . . beautiful

Momma Salt said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!!