Thursday, October 21, 2010

THE CRUISE (day 3&4)

The third day of the cruise was a great one, because it was a relaxing day. We were at sea all that day and hung out by the pool, ate, and enjoyed one another. At one point I had decided I wanted ice cream, and it was convienent that their was an ice cream bar. Matt said he also wanted one, so I headed on my way to get two ones. As I was returning with my treat the ice cream started melting. I was eating mine as fast as I could to keep up with the melting, but could do nothing for Matt's. By the time I returned, his cone had melted all down my hand and looked delicious. He then asked me, "what did you do?", really, cause I totally meant to do that. I laughed at that for a while.

Kammi, Sharon, Donna, Jeff, Matt, Debbie
After we had been out for a couple of hours it started raining and people were scrambling every which way to get out of it.
I promptly went back to my room, expecting Matt to follow, but he never did. I ended up taking a nap and enjoying myself. Come to find out, the rain only lasted a minute, then when it stopped all of the prime lounge chairs were available, and Matt and the others took advantage of the situation.

After dinner we went to a show called MotorCity. They sang songs from Motown. I liked the songs, but as Matt stated, their was no soul in the group. It was just missing something.



Day four we stopped at St. Maarten. On this island, Matt and I had decided we wanted to venture off by ourselves. I was kind of excited. We had looked at different things to do there and had decided on an island. Off the ship, we got in a taxi cab. The cab drove us to where we could catch a boat for a short ride to this beautiful island. We walked to the opposite side of the island and were all alone on our own beach. Matt and I relaxed, read books, snorkeled, and just enjoyed the scenery. There were sailboats out in the water. It was beautiful.

Here is the beach. We ended up walking to the far end.


After a while we go hungry and walked back to the side of the island where the boat dropped us off. There were a few restaurants here and Matt was able to order lobster that he then went and picked out of a cage in the ocean. It can't get any fresher than that.

This is our server getting the cage that has the lobster in it.
More Lobster

Matt with the food that he had picked out.

Our table
Matt's food grilling
Yummy


Here are some pictures of the St Maarten, and the boat docked there.





1 comment:

The Royal Buffington's said...

Hmm...I'm not sure about picking my own food. I like to pretend it was never alive..