Thursday, February 26, 2009

Locked doors and Alarms

This funny thing happened to me at work the other day. As I was telling my sister, Sharon, about it she said that I needed to blog about it, so here it goes. I now work in the Operating Room at the hospital. Since their is so much to learn, I am in this class that goes for 9 weeks were we learn and study and take quizzes and such. There are 5 of us students, with our teacher, Jan. We were walking around one day trying to find something and went down a hallway that we hardly ever go by. When we got there I recognized it as a way I had gone before while following a nurse around. This nurse had showed me a trick to get through the door. I decided to show the rest of the students. This door was an entrance from the outside hallway into the OR and was locked. I showed them how if you pull up on this pole in the middle it would unlock. Next thing I know the alarm is going off and we red lights flashing, so what do we do, we ran away. We laughed pretty hard about that one. Then about two days later, we went through that door again, and on our way back, I informed everyone I had figured out why the alarm had gone off.I forgot to scan my badge. This time I scanned my badge and then pulled on the pole, but guess what the alarm went off again, and again we ran. I was so confused; I had been given access, why did it alarm for me and not that other nurse. Come to find out, my fellow classmates said I took too long and when I had scanned my badge the light turned green than red. I am curious to go back and try again, but I do not want to make the alarm go off for a third time. That would not be good.

5 comments:

jhjonze said...

Third times the charm...

bendanielsfamily said...

haha that's funny are they going to look at their card scanning records and see you are the alarm culprit :)

Natalie and Nathan said...

Ha ha ha! I bet that was fun! : )

The Laytons said...

Way to go! You sound like the ring leader for the group- keep us posted on all your OR adventures!

Nate and Julie said...

You make me laugh! I loved your story and agree with Jenn...I want ot hear more adventures from the OR.