Monday, February 2, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas this year was different than Christmas have been in the past. All of our past Christmas' have been traveling home to mom's house. It was always so nice to not have to worry about cooking, cleaning, planing, etc.

Married life for Matt and I still included traveling at Christmas time rotating between families and learning of each others tradition. This year was a Hunt Family year. There were only a couple problems, one, my family Christmas' kept getting smaller and smaller as siblings decided to start personal family traditions, and two, I had to work on Christmas night. Some where along the way, our family decided to have Christmas is Denver (well a post Christmas gathering). Many of the siblings traveled over to Denver the day or two after Christmas and spent the week until New Years. It ended up being great fun. Each family was able to have their personal family tradition, and we were still able to get together during the holidays.

On Christmas Eve, Matt and I went over to Donna's house to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with her and her family. It was so much fun being around a younger group for present opening. (Her oldest is 14 and the youngest is 4.) One thing that I found interesting was that their 12 and 14 year old girls did was put their makeup on before lining up to go downstairs. I asked them what they were doing and they told me they get their pictures taken, so they needed makeup. They also had plenty of time to do so because if any of you know their father, he takes forever to get up and go downstairs. Even still, the children's excitement for what ever they are open is great. I loved watching them.

Later in the week family started to arrive. Some stayed at my house and others at Donna's. We spent the time hanging out, eating, going to the museum, playing games and watching movies. I love to spend time with my family.

On New Years Eve the children, Cade, Cale, Paige, and Carli went our a few hours early and banged some pans. Oh how fun and the memories of when I used to do that myself.


Carli, Paige, Cade and Cale at my house.



2 comments:

Matt said...

My doesn't Paige look happy.

Sharon and Spencer said...

yeah! I loved coming to Denver. Thanks for letting us stay with you!