Saturday, August 8, 2009

Girls Camp

As a teenage girl I LOVED girls camp. It was filled with camping, hiking, repelling, rifle shooting, going down a huge slide, playing in the creek and anything else we could think of. Since becoming a nurse I always wanted to go to camp as the nurse, well this year I got the chance. It was a great week. At first I was like what am I doing as I sat there thinking of what I could be doing at home, then I realized that I should enjoy my time. I spent the week in the wilderness helping where needed, reading, taking naps, and doing as I felt. It was great to have no direct responsibilities besides being available for potential injuries (which, thank goodness were very minor). Here are some fun pictures of the girls in our ward, also since I am the 12-14 year old Sunday school teacher, they are also some girls from my class.


The first year girls with our bishop, sitting on the "chair" that they made for him. Is it just me or is he sitting backwards?



While there, I could not stop thinking about my times as a young women at girls camp. Not only did I remember all the activities and fun times, it also brought back all the memories of how my testimony grew. Here are some pictures of my years for a trip down memory lane.
Tammy and Me

Rifles

Requel, Candace, Jill, Me

Repelling

Slide with Requel and Jill

Jill, Requel, Me, Melissa, Tammy
Berry, Sara

Kandis

Treating my blisters

4 comments:

Kandis said...

I can't stop laughing of those old school pics from girls camp. I can't believe you found those, hilarious! I was sporting a pretty sweet outfit in my pic with the craziest hair. Too funny!!! Those were definitely some good times!

Pam said...

awwww... cute Debbie!!

Sharon and Spencer said...

That was great! I'm going to have to show Spencer a picture of that famous slide!

Requel said...

Those are the worst pics ever!!! hahaha. Oh my gosh, I was pretty hideous!!