Saturday, August 8, 2009

4th of July

This post is a bit past due. The 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday. I am not sure why, but some times I feel that it was the great time I had as a child celebrating the birth of our country. Growing up in Idaho we had this routine that we did every year and us children all love it. When talking about our favorite holidays, many of us say the 4th of July, then follow up with the same reasoning. Fourth of July in Idaho meant a beautiful summer day. It started with a parade, then swimming at Rigby Lake, a BBQ, and ended with a great fireworks show. I loved all of these things.

This year for the 4th of July we went to my parents house, but the holiday has greatly changed since they no longer live in Idaho. Yet, the vacation was still relaxing and fun. Matt, Kammi and I, along with Sharon and Spencer and kids went to Utah.

One of the first days we were there, Pam and Sandi and Jeremy came down. That evening we headed up into he canyon and roasted hot dogs.

After dinner Cale encouraged us to go hiking and we found this big boulder to climb on.
Debbie, Sharon, and Kammi:

Carli, Spencer and Cale:

Debbie and Matt:


The weekend was filled of fun activities including, golfing, fireworks, swimming, snowies, more. Here is a fun picture of Matt and Cale on the trampoline. I liked this picture because it took when Cale was really high and I think it kind of scared him.

One last thing we were able to do is attend the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. I loved this and here are some pictures of us afterward. (As you should be able to tell, it was kind of bright)
Cale and Carli
Cale, Carli and Danielle

Sharon, Spencer, Danielle, Matt, Cale, Debbie, Carli, Mother, Pam


Me and Matt

2 comments:

Krissy said...

Too bad we didn't know you were coming to South Jordan... we live like a mile from the temple!

Sharon and Spencer said...

holy hair in the temple picture! Can you send me the pictures when you get a chance? Thanks