Saturday, September 20, 2008

Summer of A Thousand Vacations: Act II - Arches

Over Labor Day weekend we arranged some camp sites in Arches National Forest, and invited several family members to attend. We had quite a turn out with my parents, sisters, suedo brother-in-law, Matt's brother, girlfriend, and old mission companion. Our total was about 30 people. It is always so much fun to get together with family.


We camped in Arches at Devils Campground. It turned out to be fun. We were surrounded by large rocks that we very pretty. We arrived Thursday night along with my sisters Pam and Kristin and Kristin's mission comp. The next morning after breakfast, Matt said he would be back because he was going to explore/climb the rocks. I chuckled at this because it is always fun to see his boyhood come out.


Among other things we did were hiking the delicate arch, swimming in the river, roasted marshmallows, and survive the heat, rain, and wind. If you have never been, you should try to make it some time.






As we were packing up, preparing, and planning to go to Arches, I was thinking to myself, this is a lot of work and it is just Matt and I. Think about my sister with her 5 kids. Then we arrived and talking with the adults and watching the little children run and play, climb in the rocks and dig in the sand, you realize that the work is all worth it.


Matt and Carli














Paige with Kanobee













Cale





Debbie and Cale

4 comments:

bendanielsfamily said...

Hi Matt and Debbie!!!
I saw your blog so I thought I'd get on and say hello. Hope all is well with you both!!!

Anna said...

Hi Debbie~ I miss you, do you still have the red sweater?
anna

Jana said...

I hope you and Matt kissed under Delicate Arch. Jason and I did and then, soon after, we found out I was pregnant. My coworker Jane told me it was a fertility ritual. Maybe the same will be true for you, and an adoption will fall into your lap!

Nate the Great said...

excuse you... but where are the pictures of ME???