Thursday, September 11, 2008

Summer of A Thousand Vacations: Act I - Idaho

As our first summer in Denver drew to a close, Debbie & I found ourselves in the middle of a whirlwind tour of America. It seems that everything that we had to do all summer was scheduled in a 5 week window in late August and early September.

Our first destination, Idaho. Debbie's Maid-of Honor, Angela, was herself getting married. So we loaded up the car and decided to head over after work on a Thursday. Because my wife is too cheap to spring for a hotel, we decided to camp in Jackson Hole (or thereabouts) on our way to Idaho Falls. (On a side note, this can at times be a good quality of my wife. At other times it's rather frustrating. This time I'll go with good quality).

Near the place that we stayed, we even had the pleasure of seeing some Buffalo on the side of a road on our way back to the highway.

This was a part of Wyoming that I never knew existed. It was a pleasure to drive through, unlike the god-forsaken wilderness that surrounds most of I-80 through the state.

It was so nice we stopped to take a picture (not too bad for setting it on top of the car and running over to the spot if I do say so myself).

I think that it was especially fun for Debbie as she got to visit all the places that she got to go to as a child. We stopped and had a square ice cream, visited the place that she went to girls camp and reminisced about all the time that she spent in the mountains between Jackson Hole and Idaho Falls.

This trip also became our de facto anniversary celebration. We stayed at the same hotel that we did when we were married. It was nice to be able to get away from our jobs and enjoy some time where someone else picks up the towels (ok well that was nice for Debbie, cause she does do most of the picking up at the Salt Casa).

And of course there was the wedding. What does a guy really supposed to say about a wedding? Well except that it was very warm to be outside wating for the bride and groom to come out for pictures, it was very nice. Beyond that, I guess I'll let our photos say it for us.


2 comments:

Sharon and Spencer said...

your blog looks great! I'm jealous you got to see our old girls camp! I want Spencer to see it. Good times!

Momma Salt said...

I think the picture from the top of your car looks great. You will have to teach me how to do that!