Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Perk Of Living In Denver [Part I]

As some of you may know, I wasn't always in love with Denver, CO. Serving my mission there, I dealt with a lot of people that put down my hometown. The work there was very difficult, especially at the end of my mission. But when the position at NG came available, it was for sure the right place. And the longer I'm there, the more that I am sure that we made the right choice. Every few blogs, I think that I may try to point out why, if not for you, then for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PART I
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For some time now the Mercer Family (Donna, Debbie's sister, Jeff, Donna's husband & kids, Brooke, Kelsie, Dillon, Caden & Paige) have been involved with a theater group in their area.

The Gotta Dance Gotta Sing Theater has given the kids an opportunity to be involved in theatre productions for several years. Debbie & I made numerous trips to see the kids in their plays and have enjoyed them immensely. Conveniently for me, the plays were often the same weekend that the Mountain West Conference held it's basketball tournament in Denver. What a deal!

Brooke (13) & Kelsie (11) have had leading roles in many of the plays. To their many potential careers they have added actress and singer.

But moving to Denver has added a little something extra. Jeff also has been in numerous productions. However, they have been harder to attend (not matching up with the basketball weekends) until his last show. It was great to see him play his role. He had several solo performances, which he did quite well on (I did mention that this was a musical, didn't I?). Seeing him in this role was entirely different from the roles that I normally see him in (job hunter extraordinaire, BYU die-hard, father, annoying neighbor). It was a good show and a definite perk to living in Denver.

I have been blessed to get to know Spencer before they moved to Arizona, Jeremy since he was stationed at Hill AFB & now Jeff. Being part of a large family (the Hunt's have 9 children) was more than a little overwhelming at first. How in the world do you deal with that many people? But after getting to know them, I consider them to be just as much a part of my life as I do my own family, and living in Denver has just made it that much better.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey Matt! How's it going? You know my parents just moved to Denver from Saudi Arabia. I saw your blog through Sarah. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!
Tricia

Olivia Karin Jarrett said...

Salt Buddies! Hey...I just saw your blog on Shelly's...so I thought that we'd say HI! We miss you guys...and I am way jealous you're in Denver! We had our baby...email me at jarrettolivia@yahoo.com okay? sounds like you guys are doing great! Love,
Olivia Jarrett

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hey Debbie! I can't remember if I already left a comment somewhere on your blog or not, but I found your blog through Jill, and wanted to say hello! We also have a blog,

littlefamilyjld.blogspot.com

Is it ok if we add you to our blog list so we can keep in touch with you guys?
It's great to see you in the blog-world!

Linda (Erickson) Reece
(and Joel & baby Dallin)
:)