Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We bought a house!!!

Matt and I are officially home owners. It is kind of strange, yet exciting. We closed on April 30th and had some problems getting the water turned on and other things, but it finally is all set to go. It was a foreclosure and had been empty for quite a while, therefore we are taking our time moving in. My sister Donna, and her five kids came over and helped us clean. It is pretty dirty and there is dog hair everywhere. Thanks Donna for your help!! It was great!! Her kids were awesome, they have too much of her OCD personality in them that they were so excited to clean and were constantly wanting to do more and help out. We are almost finished with cleaning and yesterday our carpets got cleaned and the house looks so different and so much better just with those few changes. Here is a picture of the outside. I will post more of the inside as we get more appliances and furniture moved in. (BTW, the neighbor was kind enough to leave his cars in our driveway while the house was empty)

7 comments:

Erin said...

Woo hoo! Alright! Your house is really pretty. I must admit I am a bit jealous.. ok, a lot jealous. I have to keep telling myself that one day Daniel will graduate and stop going to school... one day. Congratulations!

The Watts Family said...

Congrats you guys!!!! That is so exciting. We are still looking, we have found a couple (foreclosures as well) but they just flew off the market. Is it in Aurora? There seems to be a lot more over there. So exciting though. We need to get together sometime, you guys have been here almost 6 months, and we still haven't seen you. : )Let me know!!!

Angela said...

That is so exciting! The house is so cute! I need to come see it . . . Congratulations. Makes me want to buy a house.

It's a Boy!!! said...

Holy Cow! I don't check your blog for a few days and I find this? Congrats! That's very exciting. Does that mean you moved wards? Valerie e-mailed me and told me you had moved into their ward.

Kandis said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting! That's awesome you were able to get a foreclosure. Can't wait to see the inside pics (the appliances look great, the kitchen looks in super nice condition)!

Dani said...

WOW. Your house is BEAUTIFUL! Isn't it so fun to be in your first home?! It is a lot of work and a lot of money, but oh so worth it!

Anonymous said...

woooooooooow! how cool for you guys! where is it at? we're so excited for you guys!