Monday, March 31, 2008

Bend it like Beckham

As many may know, Matt is an avid sports fan. He is a fan of any sport, and not biased to any sport in particular. Lately, he has become a great Houston Dynamo Soccer fan. When we moved to Denver Matt started looking into the Colorado soccer team to see when they play the Dynamo. We then decided since we both like soccer to buy tickets to several games. Therefore, on Saturday night we went to our first soccer game here and it was the Colorado Rapids versus the LA Galaxy. You know what that means? Yup, David Beckham was coming to town. I was excited for this game because he is so famous and because I wanted to see him play. I wanted to see his infamous kicks and if he was really as good as they say. I would have to agree, he is great with his kicks not only from a free kick/corner kick point of view, but also during the game. He had some beautiful kicks that put the ball exactly were he wanted it. Too bad for him, that their are no other good players (besides Landon Donovan) so those perfectly placed balls were never taken advantage of.

One other fun thing about soccer is at the beginning of the game when the players are entering the field, they come out in a line, holding hands with little kids. These kids are probably grade school age soccer players. I would have loved that. I think this is a great and should be incorporated into other sports. I have attached a picture, but I am not sure you can see it very well.

All in all I had a great time. I enjoy my date night with Matt and going to sporting events, especially soccer.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Well, I for one appreciate your post... while I am sure Beckham is a decent soccer player, he isn't so bad on the eyes either. How fun that you are able to go to these sporting events. We will be in Houston for the summer and I hope that Daniel and I will make it an Astros game or two (not that we are expecting much from them this year).

The Royal Buffington's said...

Hooray for David Beckham. And hooray for date nights.

Shelly said...

YUMMY!! Wow I would have loved to go and just drool over him. He's such a hottie!

Olivia Karin Jarrett said...

sounds like fun...i was just imagining the football games this last fall...that was so fun sitting with you guys! maybe we can catch a baseball game in denver this summer sometime...if i can pry brant away from his boardgames and his beloved utah!

Dani said...

how fun! You guys look great in your Y gittup!