Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We Survived!!!

Thanksgiving this year was a little over whelming for me. As it approached I tried to not think about it. Thanksgiving plans for this year started many months ago. I was scheduled to work the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, and was not looking forward to flying to the Momma and Papa Salt house after work. Matt suggested that the family come here, to Colorado for Thanksgiving, and they agreed. I can handle that, me, Matt, Momma and Papa Salt, Choppy, Sarah, Ally, Nathan, Natalie, Adam, Grandpa Joe and Annette. No big deal, 12 people.

Then Nathan and Natalie decided they wanted to get married, and they could not wait for a better time than Thanksgiving and a wedding in Denver. My guest list for dinner jumped from 12 to 32 as it included Natalie's parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. I was just a little worried, mainly because I only have 4 kitchen chairs. During my stressed out moments, I would call my mother, who suggested I lay out a blanket and we have dinner picnic style. I liked that idea, Matthew did not. This is where my quest for chairs, tables, tablecloths, plates, silverware, cooking pots, food, etc, began.

Now that it is over I can say that it went alright. Nonetheless, it did not go with out my moments of crying and freaking out. As the day got closer, things started falling into place, mainly because Matt's mother is amazing and did a ton, including all the cooking. We had several late nights and early mornings to prepare. Here are some pictures:










8 comments:

jhjonze said...

I’m thoroughly impressed. Not only by your beautiful house, the many number of guests, the amount of food you cooked, but mainly by the fact that you weren’t committed as I would have been. That is a lot going on, but it looks like it was a lot of fun!

Erin said...

Holy crow! I am tired and a little stressed out just reading about it. Sounds like you managed though... very impressive. Will we be seeing you guys this Christmas?

Stacey said...

You survived!!!! Hooray! And look, you got to put that room to really good use!!!! Great job being the hostess with the mostess. Hope to see you soon. We leave for CA on the 18th. love for you to come see the baby. R u a seinfeld fan? "You have to see the baabbyy" :)

Nate and Julie said...

Way to go! I'm proud of you...I don't think I could have done it.

Shelly said...

Wow you are brave. I'd make everyone bring something so it wouldn't be so overwhelming! Email me your address so I can add you to our private blog.

shel_bel9@hotmail.com

The Royal Buffington's said...

Thanks for not posting the picture of me blowing my nose. I love you!

bendanielsfamily said...

Your living room is pretty. I smiled when I saw the picture of Sister Salt. I miss her. I'm glad you had a fun thanksgiving....Happy Holidays!

Sharon and Spencer said...

All I can say is that I'm jealous of your big house! Thank goodness for mother's to help with the cooking. Now you get to do it again at Christmas for me!!! Can't wait!